Alright, so I've renamed my blog. It used to be In the Shadow of the Mountain, because at the time I thought that I'd be writing about lots of different, contemplative things whilst sipping from my hot chocolate, with a grand view of the mountain from my window.
That didn't work. For one thing, my window doesn't face the mountains anymore. Dangit. Second, I don't drink enough hot chocolate. And third, whenever I did write on this blog, I increasingly only ever wrote about stuff in current events or some other stupid thing that bothered me enough to write about. Or vent, I should say. It's not that I don't ever think of anything else, it's just that apparently being bothered by stupid things is my muse for writing, and that's resulted in me basically only ever venting about said stupid things on here. Thus the name change.
So here you have it:
THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!!
But I do promise that even though I've made the title more consistent with the content, that I will make sure to still add some light hearted humor to keep this from being too serious.
Also, I changed the look, because if I'm gonna change the title, I'd might as well give this a makeover too. And picking this look took a while. As in, I went from:
"Hey, a fire background! That could fit well with my theme... wait, no, that's a little too err... dark."
"Polkadots! No too playful and bright."
"There's some elephants. Eh, it looks funny when you put it on the blog though."
"Plain black, plain blue, plain.... no, it's all too plain, it still needs something!"
"Heh heh, there's one with a picture of spilled glue, that could be funny with this new title... wait, you can't even see the glue behind my posts! You can't even tell what it is! That's stupid!"
"Scarlet patterns... that looks too... sensual?"
"Flowers... again, it's too happy!"
"Foggy mist... nah."
"Dilapidated tourist house? Just... why?"
"Mountains.... no, I changed the name for a reason!"
"OH MY GOSH, THIS IS A SPACESHIP!!! I CAN HAVE THE INSIDE OF A SPACESHIP LOOKING OUT INTO SPACE AS MY BACKGROUND, AND HOPE THAT ONE DAY I CAN BE IN A SPACESHIP LOOKING OUT INTO SPACE!!!"
And so the new look was chosen.
.......this is why I can't have nice things.
A place where one can joke, muse and/or complain about the happenings of the world. Formerly known as Shadow of the Mountain. Don't worry, I still like mountains!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Profound Simplicities
There is a passage in the Book of Mormon where Nephi glories in plainness. This comes shortly after he quotes chapters of Isaiah verbatim. T...
-
Things have really picked up since the last time I posted. Last time I was not in very good shape. Illustration’s final rejection hit...
-
Okay, now I'm mad!!!!! I had such a wonderfully written second blog post, and I'd even saved the draft regularly several times. Th...
-
Teehee, so funny little story... I come onto my blog to make a new post, and for the life of me I couldn't find the "New Post"...
No comments:
Post a Comment